Landscaping and Gardening
If you want to minimize the use of chemical herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizer; select hardy native and other plants that minimize water usage; and identify and eradicate invasive plants that negatively affect the native environment, you’ve come to the right place!
What can you do?
- Choose lawn seeds that are appropriate for your soil and shade conditions (check out Pearl’s Premium low maintenance grass seed)
- Use milky spores for natural grub control
- Mow high and let the grass brown as the summer gets dryer
- Leave your grass clippings in the lawn and use only organic fertilizer if you need to
- Use seeper hoses to water your flower beds
- Compost your kitchen and yard waste
- Plant native plants
- If you use a landscaping service ask about sustainable options
Learn to Compost in Your Backyard – A Sierra Club Green Tip