The Carlisle Energy Task Force was appointed by the Board of Selectman to implement the Green Communities program adopted by the town of Carlisle. Our Mission is:
- To analyze energy and water use by the Town of Carlisle
- To suggest measures for reducing transportation energy use and costs
- To recommend to the Board of Selectmen means of reducing energy and water use in town buildings
- To provide information and resources for Carlisle residents to help them reduce energy and water use and costs
- To furnish information on energy and water relative to the local, regional, national and world economies
- New heating and cooling controls have been installed at Town Hall. These controls should correct most or all of the previous problems that caused parts of the building to be very hot while other parts were unpleasantly cold and that wasted energy by simultaneously running both the heat and the air conditioning.
- A photovoltaic system is being installed on the roof of the new Carlisle School building.
- Energy-efficient LED lighting has been installed in the parking lots of Town Hall and the Gleason Library.
- A “Kill-o-Watt” plug has been purchased made available on loan to residents from the Gleason Library.
- Under an agreement with Next Step Living, many Carlisle residents have had energy audits done on their homes.
Energy Task Force Members
|Daniel Cook email@example.com||Chairman||357 Cross Street|
|Andrew Barlow||278 South Street|
|Bob Clarke||104 Log Hill Road|
|Steven Hinton||684 East Street||Rich Kane||398 Lowell Street|
|John Luther||Building Commissioner|
|Bill Risso||155 Wolf Rock Road|
|Basu Sarkar||352 E Riding Dr|
|Helen Young||623 Heald Road|